Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Friday, August 23, 2019

Did You Finish Your Summer Reading?

The other day, my friend and I were talking about the summer reading we had to do in High School.  We had to read 6 books, 3 fiction and 3 non-fiction, from an extensive list.  We agreed we liked that much better than the current practice of making every student read the same book, chosen to appeal to the lowest common denominator.  No wonder kids hate reading!  I remember reading a book about Madame Curie (written by her daughter, a distinguished scientist herself,)  Cheaper by the Dozen and Katherine by Anya Seton!





If your kids are racing to the finish, why not join them and finish the Great Escape Book Club selection for 2019 at the same time.  I finished it a couple of weeks ago and it's excellent.  BTW it's not about politics! Counting down to GE!  Only 35 days left?  Is my math right?  I better get busy.




1 comment:

  1. Sigh, alas I have little time for leisure reading. It's a shame as I love to read. This was a good list.

    ReplyDelete