Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Book Club 2017 Followup

Our Great Escape Book Club selection for last year was A Man Called Ove.  Readers enjoyed it greatly and our discussions about what constitutes a community were lively and enjoyable.  We were psyched that so many Escapers came to the discussion.
The author, Fredrick Backman, has written more books, and since I enjoyed Ove I decided to read both of them.  If you read them, know that you should tackle the Grandmother before you take on Britt Marie, since Britt Marie is a sequel to Grandmother.  I found Britt-Marie more compelling than the Grandmother, and more similar to Ove.  Let me know your feelings.  And keep your silverware drawers well organized.

I'm on vacation for the next couple of weeks, but I'll be tackling a book that we are thinking of for 2018.  We hope to post our choice soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many great things about Ove. I need to find more time in my life to simply read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Grandmother and plan to read Britt-Marie shortly, along with Ove, that I down-loaded, but never got to! I loved 'Grandmother' and am excited to do some catching up on an upcoming vacation! Isn't that what vacations are really for??
    pat

    ReplyDelete