Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My First Live Auction: The Perfect Picnic Basket

Danielle writes:  My first Great Escape was my first experience with a live auction. I didn't know what to expect, but I brought my check book just in case. Kaye, the auctioneer, encouraged the crowd with her fabulous bid-calling. A few items piqued my interest, but I didn't win anything at first.

Then I saw it. Someone had donated an antique wooden picnic basket filled with DVDs and candy, but I only had eyes for the basket. It was exactly like one my mom had.  I knew I had to have it. I bid, there was a counter bid, I bid again, another counter, I upped the ante, and -- finally! -- it was all mine. The basket lives in my living room and makes occasional picnic trips with me. Every time I look at it I think of my mom and of my first Great Escape. It makes a great story when people say, "Oh my, where did you get that?!"

Don't forget to REGISTER for GE 2013, October 4 - 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment