Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

What is Upcycling?

Deb writes:  If you've looked at the GE workshop list (here) you'll see that two, this year, are about upcycling materials.  Upcycling is an addition to the Reduce-Reuse-Recycle mantra that all GS are familiar with.

Upcycling (a term so new that spellcheck doesn't recognize it) is re-using a common material to make a fancier article.  I will be teaching a workshop on how to convert common tee-shirts into glamorous items - not just grocery bags, but jewelry and elegant apparel. Last winter I wore one of my creations to a restaurant and the waitress could not stop exclaiming at how different and eye-catching it was! I won't tell you more, come and be surprised at how easy it is to upgrade your wardrobe and make great gifts for others.

Sue will be turning plastic grocery bags - and we all have a stash of those! - into - well - I don't really know what she'll make but I have seen some of the possibilities she's come up with, so I am sure the class will be fabulous.

REGISTER here and join us - learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment