Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Earth Day - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle 1

Since the fortieth anniversary of Earth Day is coming up, I want to share a few simple things that I do to follow the mantra, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  We use so much plastic cutlery these days that we are hardly aware of it.  Food courts, Costco samples, ice cream shops, parties, meetings - everywhere!  Whenever possible, I lick the last delicious bits from the spoon or fork, wrap it in my napkin, and thrust it in my purse. At parties when the cutlery is very good quality, I've been known to collect other people's too!

I take it home, wash it, and sort it into this herb planter I stopped using when all the herbs died!  (One of the first ideas I ever got from Pinterest.)   If I have a party and want to use plastic, it's ready to go right on the table.  And I feel better, knowing that what I use has been used at least once before - yes, I will wash what I use at home, too.  After I took this photo, I took out 20 forks to take to a Girl Scout meeting - the dispenser is still full!

Saves lots of money, too!  I'll never need to buy plastic cutlery again, nor search my drawers frantically for enough pieces when packing lunches and picnics!


No comments:

Post a Comment