Registration!

September 25 - 27, 2020. Registration will open in spring!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Earth Day - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle 3

Or, my new dining room chairs.


Look what I found in the trash yesterday (there's one more of the green-seated ones.)

They are all sturdy and in good shape.  I happened to drive the back way to Cedar Hill and saw these.  If I had not picked them up they would have been thrown in the back of a truck and trashed.  There is no need for this to happen. 

Craigslist and Freecycle are your friends.  I'll bet someone would have paid for these if the owner had posted them on Craigslist.  Or, at the very least, an email to Freecycle would have resulted in someone coming to pick them up.  (See https://www.freecycle.org/about/ for more about Freecycle.)

The same homeowners had also thrown out all their wall art - hundreds of dollars worth of stretched canvases. I mentioned it to another buddy of mine who paints and she picked them up at 9:30 last night - her painting group will benefit greatly.

Why not reduce and reuse?  My GS troop is going to paint those chairs for me and earn their room makeover badge!  Win, Win, Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment